Here's Connie!!

Looking for the Constantine news of the day? Check here.
luckygirl
Vice Mod

Re: Here's Connie!!

Postby luckygirl » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:40 pm

FB Updates, New Year's Day 2009:

Constantine Maroulis is 2009.

Constantine Maroulisis XR0NiA P0LLA!!

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:44 pm

blondie1310 wrote:
This is from Playbill.com

Rock of Ages Ends Off-Broadway Run Jan. 4 Prior to Broadway Transfer

By Andrew Gans
04 Jan 2009

The 1980s-set musical Rock of Ages plays its final performance at New World Stages Jan. 4. When it closes, the new musical will have played 17 previews and 93 regular performances Off-Broadway.

As previously reported, Rock of Ages will transfer to Broadway's Brooks Atkinson Theatre, the current home of the Grease revival. Previews at the Atkinson will begin March 20 with an official opening scheduled for April 7.

In a joint statement Rock of Ages producers Matthew Weaver and Carl Levin recently said, "After such an exciting run Off-Broadway, we are delighted to be moving Rock of Ages to Broadway. We know these are difficult and uncertain times for everyone, so we are thrilled to announce that Rock of Ages will set a new precedent on Broadway with a top ticket price of $89 for weeknight performances and $99 for weekend performances."

The Off-Broadway company boasts "American Idol" finalist Constantine Maroulis as well as Kelli Barrett, Nova Bergeron, Adam Dannheisser, Mitchell Jarvis, Michele Mais, Lauren Molina, Brian Munn, Angel Reed, Paul Schoeffler, Will Swenson, Wesley Taylor, Savannah Wise, Jeremy Woodard, Jackie Burns, Lara Janine, Christopher Spaulding and Tad Wilson.

Casting for the Broadway production will be announced shortly.

Written by Chris D'Arienzo, directed by Kristin Hanggi and choreographed by Kelly Devine, Rock of Ages, press notes state, "is an explosive new musical with a heart as big as 80's rock hair. As a legendary rock club faces its demise at the hands of eager developers, a young rocker hoping for his big break falls for a small town girl chasing big dreams of her own."

The musical features hits from such rockers as Journey, Bon Jovi, Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Poison, Asia and Whitesnake.

The production has scenic design by Beowulf Boritt, costume design by Tony nominee Gregory Gale, lighting design by Jason Lyons, sound design by Walter Trarbach and projection design by Zachary Borovay. Music supervision, arrangements and orchestrations were penned by Ethan Popp with original arrangements by David Gibbs.

Rock of Ages, which premiered in Los Angeles at the Vanguard, will be produced on Broadway by Matthew Weaver, Carl Levin, Jeff Davis, Scott Prisand, and Corner Store Fund I, in association with Janet Billig Rich, Hillary Weaver, Stefany & Simon Bergson, Charles Rolecek, Susanne Brook, Barry Habib, Israel Wolfson, Jennifer Maloney and Prospect Pictures.

New Line recently won the screen rights for Rock of Ages. Librettist D'Arienzo will not only pen the screenplay but will direct the feature film as well.

Show times on Broadway will be Monday at 8 PM, Tuesday at 7 PM, Thursday at 8 PM, Friday at 8 PM, Saturday at 2 and 8 PM and Sunday at 3 and 7 PM.

Tickets for the Broadway production, priced $46.50-$99, will go on sale Jan. 5, 2009, by calling (212) 307-4100 or by visiting http://www.ticketmaster.com.

The Brooks Atkinson Theatre is located in Manhattan at 256 West 47th Street.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/124804.html

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:19 pm

val wrote:From Facebook:
Constantine Maroulis is workin' on it. 3 minutes ago

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:06 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... kes-2.html

'American Idol' Constantine Maroulis takes on Broadway - but can't save it
BY JOE DZIEMIANOWICZ
DAILY NEWS THEATER CRITIC

Sunday, January 11th 2009, 4:00 AM

Constantine Maroulis is one of several former 'Idol' contestants to hit Broadway.
Related News
Photo Gallery
Meet the new 'Idol' judge, Kara DioGuardi
Hollywood & 'Idols' steal stage on B'way
Can an "American Idol" belter save Broadway?

In a word: no.

It'll take more than that to rescue the Great White Way, which has been hit hard (nine closings last week, and more to come this month) by a nosediving economy.

Still, it can't hurt for an Idol to try. And one shaggy-maned rocker from the popular TV reality contest is reportedly about to step up.

While word isn't yet official, Brooklyn-born Constantine Maroulis is said to be on board for the Broadway transfer of "Rock of Ages," the '80s musical of Journey, Bon Jovi and Whitesnake tunes.

The popular finalist from Season 4 cultivated a following while on the TV show. That helped draw audiences during the Off-Broadway run of "Rock of Ages" at New World Stages, which ended last week in advance of the Broadway run beginning in March.

More than ever, producers need as many ways to get fannies in seats as they can come up with. And if history has taught us anything, it's that the right Idol in the right show at the right time can mean green in the bank.

Take Fantasia Barrino. When it was announced in 2007 that the Season 3 champ would assume the role of the abused Celie in "The Color Purple," ticket sales spiked to the tune of $6 million. At the time, producer Scott Sanders told The News he expected the "Idol" champ "was going to kick things up."

Taylor Hicks, the Season 5 winner known for his gray hair and smoky purr, had a similar kick on ticket sales when he played Teen Angel in "Grease," which closed last week on Broadway. The till got a heavenly $150,000 weekly bump.

Now on the road in the national tour of the '50s-set musical, Hicks is still bringing in business. "He's doing great for the show," said a theater insider.

And if members of Hicks' "Soul Patrol" of fans are showing up, so did Claymates. Fans of Clay Aiken came out in full force when he took over the role of Sir Robin in the spoofy musical, which closes today.

Over the years, "American Idol" has become an express lane to Broadway, with producers and casting directors eagle-eyeing shows for prospective players.

"They are a talented bunch," says Duncan Stewart, casting director for "Chicago" and all of producers Barry and Fran Weissler's projects.

Over the years, Duncan has had conversations with many "Idol" contestants about taking over roles in the long-running "Chicago." Among them, Ruben Studdard, for the role of Billy Flynn, and Melinda Doolittle, as prison matron Mama Morton. So far no deals have been made, but the talks continue.

"Ages" producers Matt Weaver and Carl Levin first encountered Maroulis during his run on "American Idol." "When we met Constantine, we instantly liked him and knew he would be perfect for 'Rock of Ages,'" they noted. "He has a real rock sensibility."

That works for "Ages." And it doesn't hurt for a dude who's in a position to turn the ailing beat of Broadway around.

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Constantine Maroulis no F*CKIN' PRESSURE BROADWAY...IM YOUR GUY LOL!!! http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... lis_takes-. 2 minutes ago

baklava
Ssssssssssssmokin'
Location: In sane, throwing rawk hands and screaming "Cougar Power"!

Postby baklava » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Article from musikblitz about AI contestants on Broadway, focusing on Constantine:

http://musikblitz.blogspot.com/2009/01/ ... slike.html

baklava
Ssssssssssssmokin'
Location: In sane, throwing rawk hands and screaming "Cougar Power"!

Postby baklava » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:28 am

Mimi wrote:I saw this posted by Passion on Deuce. There is a short interview. Click the link. Always good to click the link.

http://thebiz.fancast.com/2009/01/ameri ... nstan.html

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:06 am

From earlier today (I think ???)

Facebook update:

Constantine Maroulis is tryin to figure out how to get to and from DC to party with Barack!!! Yes I have passes...don't hate!

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:03 pm

An Evening with Constantine Maroulis!
Toms River Branch
Saturday, Feb. 14, 7 p.m.
or call 732-349-6200 / .

http://engagedpatrons.org/EventsExtende ... ntID=32970

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:23 pm

FB Update, Saturday 1/24/09.

Constantine Maroulisin the studio.59 minutes ago

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Facebook updates, Monday 1/26/09:

Constantine Maroulisis meeting with his new agents today and tomorrow...all 90 of them.

Constantine Maroulisis very optimistic.

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:32 pm

FB Update, 1/28/09, about 10:15 PM:

Constantine Maroulis is feeling The Knicks for the first time

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Constantine is NO DRAMA.