Here's Connie!!

Looking for the Constantine news of the day? Check here.
luckygirl
Vice Mod

Re: Here's Connie!!

Postby luckygirl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:06 am

FB Update:

Constantine Maroulis thank you NY Post...nice of ya!

6 hours ago

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:08 am

http://ok-magazine.com/blog/post/12413/%20...%20Idol-Crush!
TV Fanatic
By Delaina Dixon

TUE MARCH 10 2009, 12:24AM
CONSTANTINE'S IDOL CRUSH!

American Idol's final countdown to the winner begins tonight.

While most of America will be watching the Top 13 sing for their lives, one former Idol, Constantine Maroulis will only have eyes for the newbie at the judge's table: Kara DioGuardi!

"I think Kara is amazing, I've had the biggest crush on her forever," he told OK!'s Rana Meyer at a rehearsal for the Broadway opening of Rock of Ages, where he plays the lead role.

"I remember her on a show from a few seasons ago, The One on ABC. She was the lone bright spot," he continued to gush. "She’s an incredible songwriter. She’s fronted a band, is a solo artist. And she’s beautiful."

Talk about devotion! Constantine's even come up with a plan to Rock of Ages, a musical featuring hot hits from the eighties, right in front of his fave judge's eyes.

"Hopefully, they’ll put us on the show," he said. "They’ll do a big 80s night and have us on there and we can kick some butt."

Of course, Constantine plans to do just that when Rock of Ages opens April 7 at New York City's Brooks Atkinson Theatre.

And he wouldn't mind if a few of his fellow Idol alum are in the audience.

"Carrie Underwood is such a huge star. I’m sort of honored to have been in the running with a girl like that who has become so big," he said.

"Hopefully she comes and checks the show out. I know she loves the 80s and she sings the hell out of it."

Just like we hope all the Idols do tonight.

American Idol airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on Fox.

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:11 pm

US MAGAZINE.COM

Celebrity News

Former Idols Advise the Top 13
Tuesday March 10, 2009

As the top 13 compete for the first time tonight, Us enlisted finalists from seasons past to handicap the competition and tell Us what the newbies are in for this year.

(snip)
CONSTANTINE MAROULIS, season 4 (2005)
"Lil Rounds is a powerhouse and I dig her. I think she'll make top 6. As a theatre guy [starring in Broadway's Rock of Ages], it's hard for me to not root for Adam as well. He has a gift as a vocalist. I hope he does well, 'cause it is good for everyone in theatre. Plus, it would be really hard to go back to the chorus after a subpar finish on Idol. So, go Adam!"

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/former-i ... 13-2009103

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:13 pm

Village Voice article

http://www.villagevoice.com/2009-03-11/ ... -at-party/

Fortunately, lots of people—well, gay people—still care about Broadway, where 20-plus shows are opening by the end of the season and swarms of Oscar winners will get wackily crowded out of Tony categories. Sneaking in between the trophy holders, the hard-rock jukebox musical Rock of Ages is moving to the Brooks Atkinson while boasting the lowest top prices and tightest T-shirts on the main strip.

At an open rehearsal last week, we learned that, on some level, the show is "a celebration of the stupidity of rock," complete with a love story, a flushing toilet, and the guy who had to drop out of Xanadu. It also stars Constantine Maroulis, the nice Greek-American who belted his way into the top six on American Idol's season four. "In this climate, this is the perfect show," Maroulis assured me at the event. "You get a great time—we were called a 'legitimate artistic achievement' by the press. We might have some trouble convincing the highbrow peeps, but that's not our crowd anyway!"

The show's '80s arena rock, said Maroulis, involves big songs and chords and some very large hair. And you can eventually watch it from arena seating; New Line just bought it for the movies. Will he be in the film? "Let's hope so," the rocker said, laughing. "At least I can maybe sing the tracks for Zac Efron or whoever gets the part instead of me." (Nuh-uh. If anyone gets to force something into Zac's lips, it's me!)

Being a twisted sister, I couldn't leave without asking about his reality-show swan song, Nickelback's "How You Remind Me." "I love Nickelback!" Maroulis swore. "But you were booted off," I shrieked. "Don't you want to Poison their asses?" "I think that was an unfortunate part of my journey on American Idol," he admitted. (Hey, I love Journey!) "I was set to do another song—something by U2 or Maroon 5—but they couldn't get the rights that fast. That was then. Nowadays, it's like, 'Sing it! Even if it sucks, our catalog will go through the roof!' " Oh, really? In that case, I'll promptly be pitching them numbers from my new Rush Limbaugh musical, Crock of Ages.

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:17 am

From Cal...

There is an article in the paper about C & ROA .

Broadway rocker Former "American Idol" contestant from North Jersey is ready to bring his rock-and-roll stylings to the Great White Way.

http://bb.constantinemaroulis.com/viewt ... 349#p21349

baklava
Ssssssssssssmokin'
Location: In sane, throwing rawk hands and screaming "Cougar Power"!

Postby baklava » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Mystic wrote:
Constantine Maroulis
wants to ROCK ur balls like Sebastian Bach! rockofagesmusical.com.6 minutes ago

baklava
Ssssssssssssmokin'

Postby baklava » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:17 pm

FB Update:
Constantine Maroulis"ROCK OF AGES" ON BROADWAY..GET SOME.

2 hours ago

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:24 am

NY Post 3/26/09
WHEN it comes to Broadway, you're on a need-to-know basis -- as in, you need to know which shows will generate the biggest buzz this season. Here are a few you'll definitely be hearing about:

* "Rock of Ages": Last year's off-Broadway hit takes you on a journey back to 1987, when a big-city rocker falls for a small-town girl in Los Angeles. Their love story is told in a bar. Former "American Idol" contestant Constantine Maroulis stars in the show, which is sure to have audience members singing along and dancing to hits from the likes of Journey, Styx and Whitesnake. Brooks Atkinson Theatre, 256 W. 47th St.; 212-307-7171. Opens April 7.

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:39 am

blondie1310 wrote:FB Update:

Constantine Maroulis studio.

6 minutes ago

baklava
Ssssssssssssmokin'

Postby baklava » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:38 pm

One of the best ever ROA p.r./bio of CJM pieces. This one from from the NJ Star-Ledger on NJ.com:

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/arts/in ... l_lik.html

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:32 am

FB Update:

Constantine Maroulis is so single it's not even funny 7:00pm

Guess he's OK with it... as sports is now on his mind. :lol: Next FB Update:

Constantine Maroulis yankees all day.9 minutes ago

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:56 pm

FB Update:

Constantine Maroulis Opening Night Tuesday then SICK party at The edison Ballroom...yes I'm performing with January Jane. 2 hours ago

baklava
Ssssssssssssmokin'

Postby baklava » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:57 am

Mimi wrote:BWW

The "totally awesome" cast for Broadway's new, smash hit musical stars Constantine Maroulis, ("American Idol" Season 4, Broadway's The Wedding Singer, RENT) reprising his critically acclaimed role as "Drew", is now joined by Broadway's best 1970's & 1980's period actors Amy Spanger (The Wedding Singer, Kiss Me Kate) as "Sherrie" and James Carpinello (Saturday Night Fever, VH1's "So NoTORIous") as "Stacee Jaxx".

:cheer :cheer :cheer

baklava
Ssssssssssssmokin'

Postby baklava » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Constantine Maroulis let it begin.

Return to “The Newsroom”