Here's Connie!!

Looking for the Constantine news of the day? Check here.
greekboyfans Admin
Site Admin

Here's Connie!!

Postby greekboyfans Admin » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:17 am

Post any news articles, facebook, Lebowski, quotes, scans of magazines he's in here. Just make a post with your findings. You can post it in the main thread and discuss it there. Let's keep this just for news.

Make this like a chronological GPS of Constantine.

New article
As we bide our time to see Kristy Lee Cook go home, here is a talk I had with Constantine Maroulis, co-host of “Idol Extra” on Fox Reality Channel, before last night’s performances. “I have been enjoying myself thoroughly,” he said. “It’s great to see the old crew, see a lot of my favorite faces.”

Constantine is one of the few former “Idols” who won’t pull punches if he doesn’t like a singer. His take on some of the contestants:

David Archuleta: “I think he wins this thing. He’s supertalented. He stumbled a bit last week but it made him more endearing and humanized. He’s very young, very gifted. He knows how to intepret a song. And he’s go that ethnic thing going. It’s just cool. He’s very commercial and sweet. The little girls go crazy for him like the Jonas Brothers.”

Brooke White: “She’s very gifted, an attractive singer songwriter. Girls like her are the capital I to the T right now. Take Colby Caillat or Sara Barielles. She’s got that cool Carly Simon thing going. She’s married, very unaffected. She’s got a naturally beautiful voice. She can play guitar and piano.”

Carly Smithson: “She’s the opposite. She should go all out Evanescence/Kelly Clarkson. She could be a big star.”

Michael Johns: “He should stick with that Maroon 5 vibe.” He’s not sure he can win. “He’s going to have to make some noise.”

David Cook: “He has the potential though not quite as big as Daughtry. He’s more like Third Eye Blind-meets-Daughtry. I don’t know if he’s as universally commercial as Daughtry. Daughtry has that Nickelback generic band feel. I don’t know if David is quite liek that He’s a little more artsy sprinkled in.”

Jason Castro: “He’s in the mix. He won’t win. He’s very young. But there’s something real. I really liked his Beatles song [“If I Fell”]. That last note was a little pitched and sour. He ended a good performance on a weird note. That kinds of takes away from it.”

Chikezie Eze: “He stepped it up [last week.] He certainly did smash it. But I don’t think he’ll be around much longer. He’s a good performer. But this is how I equate it: will you go pay to see a Chikezie concert?”

Syesha Mercado: “She’s had a cool personality. She’s been laid back. But she was annoying during Hollywood with those signs [she used them because she had laryngitis.] That thing about being a working actress. Annoying, too. And though she has a top-notch powerhouse voice, it’s masturbatory. It’s just over the top. Lots of oversinging.”

Ramiele Malubay: “She’s pretty but she’s no star. This is the year with actual stars. She’s forgettable.”

Kristy Lee Cook: “I want to shake her. I hear a voice there. But she doesn’t know how to use it. She’s pretty but she’s pretty stiff up there, too. When I first heard ‘Eight Days a Week.’ I thought at first it could be cool. But it then went down the toilet.”

Somehow, I forgot to ask him about Amanda Overmyer. Oops!

But when I said Kellie Pickler would be on tonight, he said, “She’s the worst singer finalist in Idol history.” (I don’t agree!) He does think she’s got a fun, infectious personality that makes up for that.

His take on season six: “It was a very lackluster year although Jordin is outstanding.” He thinks Blake will disappear soon. “It’s more than just having a great singing voice,” he said, referencing Melinda.

As for his own career, he might return to “The Bold and the Beautiful.” He’s pondering possible theater shows. “I won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.” As for the haters, “A lot of people don’t understand me. The people who know me well like me. Certain dudes I rubbed the wrong way.”

He said he’s had a few breaks and a few unlucky breaks post “Idol.” “The Idol machine didn’t fully embrace what I was doing post Idol but I’ve proven to be a hustler and I do good work.” He has sold about 30,000 copies of his CD, of which most of it goes straight into his pocket. He realizes he didn’t have that hot single off that CD like another indie artist Elliott Yamin with “Wait For You.”

“I still plan on pursuing a recording career. I’d still like to be Jon Bon Jovi or Freddie Mercury. I have something to say.” Jane, a big Constantine fan, asked me to ask him if he was going to sing on “Idol Extra.” He said the day they taped a bunch of “Idol” contestants singing, he was out of town but he still might do something. He has no plans to hit Atlanta anytime soon but he hopes to. He is enjoying hosting and would like to perhaps do a variety show.

From Idol Tonight

facebook 3/20/08

Constantine Maroulis
loves The Beatles but...
Updated 11 hours ago

Mimi
#trrrrubble

Postby Mimi » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:42 pm

These are from Taffy:

Idol Tonight vids from 3/19/08

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QREaO2BLwnY[/youtube]
pt 2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stGJOfTRGC0[/youtube]

Mimi
#trrrrubble

Postby Mimi » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:48 am

This is from Taffy.

AI Extra 3/20/08

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8hO2QxCGp8[/youtube]

Mimi
#trrrrubble

Postby Mimi » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:56 am

Lau wrote:
luckygirl wrote:
conniesangel wrote:Facebook update:
Constantine Maroulis is prolly at the Grove bein' off. 7h ago

silly Greekboy.

Translation, please?

Maybe this is it ?

http://www.thegrovela.com/

Mimi
#trrrrubble

Postby Mimi » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:29 am

Facebook update 3/21/08

Constantine Maroulis
is prolly ON in HWOOD.
Updated 6 hours ago

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Facebook update, 3/22/08

beebee wrote:
Constantine Maroulis
poolside..90.
Updated about an hour ago

Mimi
#trrrrubble

Postby Mimi » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:06 pm

3/24/08 facebook update.

beebee wrote:
Constantine Maroulis
says, "Let's RAWK this thang!!"
Updated about a minute ago

luckygirl
Vice Mod

Postby luckygirl » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:48 pm

Constantine Maroulis
smells opening day grass.
Updated 2 hours ago

Mr. Baseball :mrgreen:

jyes

Postby jyes » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:11 am

Constantine's visit to Paula' s Party on Jan 4th will be repeated this weekend on the Foods Network:
CHECK YOUR LOCAL TV GUIDE SCHEDULE FOR TIMES

Paula's Party - Paula Deen :
Food Network Channel

Gotta See TV Party

Tonight on Paula's Party we're serving up another edition of TV
dinners!
Paula celebrates TV shows that swept the nation and broke ratings
records. Brady Bunch star Maureen McCormick puts a healthy twist on
Southern cooking with baked "fried" chicken and dishes about life on
the show.

Then, it doesn't get any more American than an apple pie recipe with
American Idol contestant Constantine Maroulis. He serenades Paula
with Italian opera
. And Dallas vixen Charlene Tilton fries up one of
her specialties.

AIR TIMES:

March 28, 2008 10:00 PM ET/PT
March 29, 2008 1:00 AM ET/PT
April 04, 2008 1:00 PM ET/PT

Mimi
#trrrrubble

Postby Mimi » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:58 am

http://www.usmagazine.com/node/16397

Idol Recap: Bring On The Top 10!

Season four contestant Constantine Maroulis recaps the March 25 episode for Us

I'm the new cohost of the Fox Reality Channel's American Idol Extra (Thursdays, 7 and 10 p.m./EST) and since I am getting paid to watch the show, I figure I would share some stuff for you readers. These are only my opinions. I implore you to share your thoughts as well. What have I been up to in this last year? The nutshell version:

"Wedding Singer" on Broadway, "Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris" Off-Broadway. Started a record label "Sixth Place Records" and released "Constantine" (in stores & online now). Toured extensively. Hosted Yahoo! American Idol Buzz Session for Season 6 and starred in The Bold & The Beautiful on CBS. (It's not that bad...trust me I still get lots of XBOX 360 in!)

OKAY so this week was "SONGS FROM THE YEAR YOU WERE BORN"

That is the week I did "Bohemian Rhapsody"...it worked out. Let's see how everybody did, shall we? Here goes:

Ramiele Malubay - "Alone"
I simply gotta agree with what Simon said. This song was just way too big for her. Carrie Underwood retired this song in Season 4. Nobody should ever touch it again. Carly included. Ramiele is skating on very thin ice and frankly I thought she would be gone by now. She is pretty and very sweet. I believe she has lots of fans. Still waiting for her to bust loose. Tick tock. I think we’ve seen the last of her – until the tour, at least.

Jason Castro - "Fragile"
I like this kid. I like him a lot. What's not to like? (Although he does remind me of the homeless musician kids on Phish Tour back in the day.) Jason is an earnest performer. With some confidence he will only improve. I think there is a lot more voice in those dreads. C'mon dude! Lots of fans will keep Jaystro alive for a few more weeks. Over all, this song worked for me. I just wanted more.

Syesha Mercado - "If I Were Your Woman"
Wow...where do I begin? This girl leapt off the screen for me during her audition. I was like SING!! She is striking when you first see her, then you kinda forget her. *ducks* I wish Nadia Turner (from my season) had Syesha's pipes, 'cause she has everything else Syesha lacks. At least most of it. Syesha has skills, but struggles at a certain break in her range. That hurt her tonight. Plus it was really predictable and bad. Sorry. SM is mad talented but doesn't know her limit. I do see a Lion King Tour in her near future though...after the Idols tour of course.

Chikezie - "If Only For One Night"
He has certainly come along way since donning that terrible suit in the semifinals and talking back to Simon. He has shown mad heart and "Ezie" is a spiritual dude and knows how to tell a story with a lyric. Loved him with The Beatles but let's face it...never a contender. Will find some success in Gospel Charts post-Idol. This week was not good.Not at all. Where did they find these songs? If Ramiele squeaks by this week, Chikezie might be toast.

Brooke White - "Every Breath You Take"
So what if she had a false start? Rock n' roll ain't perfect — that's what makes it great. First, she looked amazing!! Hair: perfect. Dress: perfect. I totally agreed with the guys tonight, though. Stay with the piano and it's a single again. There were some rough spots but, she is ripe to cut a cool version of this Police classic. Brooke is what is hot right now: Female singer/songwriters. She just needs more stage time and some confidence. Just never dance again, OK?

Michael Johns - "We Are the Champions"
MJ is a great front-man and I can see him having a long career. He’s a really smart player in this game. He came in with a game plan and it's working. He gets it. Some of us got it too late. I think he has learned a lot watching the show these last few years. The Queen was impressive, although I think it could have been better and he knows that. When I heard he was doing "Day in the Life" a couple weeks ago I was stoked then it didn't really work. Get this man a producer and some studio time.

Carly Smithson - "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
Clearly an awesome singer. Kelly Clarkson/Carrie Underwood awesome — but she needs to lose the Cher/Celine part. Not cute. Love her look and presence. This week was so predictable and I just think she doesn't care. She loves those songs. It would be nice for her to never sing Heart or Bonnie Tyler again in her life, though she doesn't need to. She is as good a singer as Nancy Wilson. Songwriters are already thinkin' about hits for her.

David Archuleta - "You're the Voice"
This was very mediocre but the kid is so hard not to like. Did his Dad pick that weird song or what? Simon was dead on as usual with the theme park comment. David is very gifted, and I don't think we have even seen his true best. I see him doing songs like the current Jonas Brothers song, "Look me in the Eyes.”

Kristy Lee Cook - "God Bless the USA"
Genius choice. Sang it pretty darn good, too. She hit us right in the Bible Belt. I believe KLC can make a good Country record. Can you say Kellie Pickler? Gotta love a pretty tomboy that can (sorta) sing.

David Cook - "Billie Jean"
Two words: Rock star! He is the real deal. After Daughtry cleaning up the way he has, David is set to go. Anyone that slays the camera like that is cool with me! This guy is the best there is in this group. Might be the best guy ever. Write me a song, dude!

BY CONSTANTINE MAROULIS

greekboyfans Admin
Site Admin

Postby greekboyfans Admin » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:28 pm

askmetostay wrote:He posted a new blogat MySpace with the un-edited blog from this morning.

Constantine’s American Idol Top 10 Recap for US WEEKLY!!

Check out Constantine’s American Idol recap for US Weekly HERE.

*SPECIAL BONUS*
Constantine’s unedited top 10 recap, enjoy!

People of Earth,

So I’m the New Co-Host of American Idol Extra on The Fox Reality Channel (Thurs 7pm & 10pm) and since I am getting paid to watch the show now I figure I would share some stuff you readers. These are only my opinions. I implore you to share your thoughts as well. Having went to school at The Boston Conservatory (’02), I was very accustomed to teachers critiquing me on a daily basis. Having said that I feel that I have the point of view of a trained performer and an artist trying to survive in a tough market as well.

Because US wanted me to catch you up on what I have been up to (even though I know you don’t care) I will give you the last year or so in review...the nutshell version:

"Wedding Singer" on Broadway, "Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris" Off Broadway, Started a record label "Sixth Place Records" and released "Constantine" (in stores & online now) Toured extensively, Hosted Yahoo! American Idol Buzz Session for Season 6 and Starred in "The Bold & The Beautiful" on CBS.

(it’s not that bad...trust me I still get lots of XBOX 360 in)

OKAY so this week was "SONGS FROM THE YEAR YOU WERE BORN" That is the week I did Bohemian Rhapsody...it worked out Lets see how everybody did shall we...here goes:

Ramiele Malubay - "Alone" I simply gotta agree with what Simon said. This song was just way too big for her. Carrie Underwood retired this song in Season 4. Nobody should ever touch it again. Carly included. Ramielle is skating on very thin ice. Frankly I thought she would be gone by now. She is pretty and very sweet. I believe she has lots of fans. Still waiting for her to bust loose. Tick tock. I think Asia’ (cut before top 12) would have filled this slot better. Ramiele has a voice in there but it’s almost like she just doesn’t want it. I feel she isn’t fully committing to the songs she chooses. Oh well. I think we have seen the last of her till tour anyway.

Jason Castro - "Fragile" I like this kid. I like him a lot. What’s not to like? Although he DOES remind me of the homeless musician kids on Phish Tour back in the day. lol "Dude I will play you a song for one of those Veggie Burritos!! OK settlle down I’m just playin’. Jason is an earnest performer. With some confidence he will only improve. Still waiting for him to bust out. I think there is a lot more voice in those dreads. C’mon Dude!! If you really like Jeff Buckley then go for it!! Not too much...we like you the way you are. Hmm...think Jason Mraz. *crickets* Lots of fans will keep Jaystro alive for a few more weeks. Over all this song worked for me. I just wanted more. Top 6

Syesha Mercado - "If I Were Your Woman" Wow...where do I begin. This girl lept off the screen for me during her audition. I was like SING!! She is striking when you first see her then you kinda forget her. *ducks* I wish Nadia Turner had Syesha’s pipes cause she has everything else Syesha lacks. At least most of it. Syesha has skills but struggles at a certain break in her range. That hurt her tonight on "If I were Your Woman". Plus it was really predictable and bad. Sorry. SM is mad talented but doesn’t know her limit. Her voice starts to sound screamy on top and the type of singing she seems to want to do, doesn’t require that. Dig? I DO see a Lion King Tour in her near future though...after the Idols tour of course. Loved "Yesterday". Not this. You are still pretty...ok?

Chikezie - "If Only For One Night" Well he has certainly come along way since that terrible suit in week one and his defensive behavior towards Simon’s comments. He has shown mad heart. "Ezie" is a spiritual dude and knows how to tell a story with a lyric. Loved him with The Beatles but let’s face it...never a contender. Will find some success in Gospel Charts post-Idol. This week was not good. Not at all. Where did they find these songs???? SOOO many better ones. Look them up on your own...it’s more fun. If Ramiele squeeks by this week I think Chikezie might be toast.

Brooke White - "Every Breath You Take" So what if she had a false start. Rock n’ Roll ain’t perfect...that’s what makes it great. Oh wait you already knew that...right?? First, she looked amazing!! Hair perfect. Dress perfect. Make-up too. I totally agreed with the guys tonight though. Stay with the piano and its a single again. Some rough spots but she is ripe to cut a cool version of this Police classic. What some of you might not see is that Brooke is what is hot right now. Female singer/songwriters. She just needs more stage time and some confidence. Not much though...jus a wee bit. She will have some substantial success post Idol with the right record and good peeps. She’s so NICE!!! Just never dance again ok? lol Top 6

Michael Johns - "We Are the Champions" MJ is a great frontman and I can see him having a long career. A really smart player in this game. He came in with a game plan and it’s working. He get’s it. Some of us got it too late. I think he has learned a lot watching the show these last few years. The Queen was impressive although I think it could have been better and he knows that. When I heard he was doing "Day in the Life" a couple weeks ago I was stoked then it didn’t really work. Get this man a producer and some studio time. He is ready to go. Only thing left to ponder is will he come up with a band name or jus go with his stage name, Michael Johns? Top 6

Carly Smithson - "Total Eclipse of the Heart" Clearly an awesome singer. Kelly Clarkson/Carrie Underwood awesome but lose the Cher/Celine part I think, no? Not cute. Love her look and presence. Not into tattoos but Carly’s works. YES it is fair that she is in the competition. Get over it! This week was so predictable and I just think she doesn’t care. She loves those songs. Would be nice for her to never sing Heart or Bonnie Tyler again in her life though. lol She doesn’t need to. She is as good a singer as Nancy Wilson. There I said it. Songwriters are already thinkin’ about hits for her. Go Irish! Top 3

David Archuleta - "You’re the Voice" Uhh...this was very mediocre but the kid is so hard not to like. Did his Dad pick that weird song or what? A Jack Black line from "High Fidelity" comes to mind. Look that up too. Simon was dead on as usual with the Theme Park stuff. (nice work if you can get it ) David is very gifted and I don’t think we have even seen his true best. The clear favorite so far with someone who shares the same first name hot on his tails. I see him doing songs like the current Jonas Brothers song, "Look me in the Eyes". Some Clay mixed in for kicks. I don’t see how he is not in the finale but who knows. Maybe his Dad pulls him out first. That dude looks pissed. The title of this song should have been the first clue to it sucking. Have you watched Eurovision?? Stay strong Kid. You got it! Top 3

Kristy Lee Cook - "God Bless the USA" Genius choice. Sang it pretty darn good too. She hit us right in the Bible Belt. Still love her in plain t-shirt and jeans though. Thought she would be much better by now but no. I believe KLC can make a good Country record. Joe Galante Sony/Nashville doesn’t let her get away. Can you say Kellie Pickler?? I thought so. Yes they are different but its about songs. She will get them handed to her. She gives the Mixed Martial Arts move "Rear Naked Choke" a whole new vibe. Gotta love a pretty tomboy that can sing...sorta.

David Cook - "Billie Jean" Can you say Rockstar? Yeah he is the real deal. After Daughtry cleaning up the way he has, David is set to go. Drop date? Loved when he shouted out Whitesnake on his "Daytripper" but he forgot Chris Cornel for his version of "Billie Jean" and the Seattle band that claims he copped their "Elenor Rigby" but WHO FREAKIN’ CARES???!!! He did it better. Anyone that slays the camera like that is cool with me! lol This guy is the best there is in this group. Might be the best guy ever. Write me a song Dude! "Hello" was sick. Top 3

Thank you all for reading...God Bless Constantine~

beebee wrote:
Constantine Maroulis
will be at Idol tonight. Read my USWeekly blog. http://www.usmagazine.com/node/16397.
Updated about an hour ago

Mimi
#trrrrubble

Postby Mimi » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:10 pm

Constantine and Kevin Covais on Idol Tonight.

nette
All Purpose Naughty Den Mother

Postby nette » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:28 pm

This was posted today on People.com...
Last season’s Gina Glocksen and Constantine were also in the crowd and were teased by Corey the warm up guy about being in Chicken Soup for the American Idol Soul....And a very incognito, hidden behind his white cap and mirrored shades, rap star Lil’ Romeo.

People.com 3/27/08

Mimi
#trrrrubble

Postby Mimi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 pm

askmetostay wrote:You can listen to the interview he did this morning here. he loves him some Cookie :grin:

AEI 3/26/08

Taffy did this great vid of tonight's show.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=9cBuqfYApZs[/youtube]

Mimi
#trrrrubble

Postby Mimi » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:46 pm

zasta wrote:Found this..hope it works....

This looks like the interview that was suppose to happen months ago on this station that was cancelled.. Seems like it was recorded right after the show the other nite. Short and sweet.......he a real pro now.

Thanks Dj for the heads up.

http://wbal.com/stories/templates/duria ... 5&zoneid=9

Constantine Maroulis
will be at Citizen Cope later and then Winstons for something.
Updated 4 hours ago

facebook ^^^

Return to “The Newsroom”